Thursday, February 24, 2011

half-eye

one contact is bothering me. the right side. if i just look thru that eye, the world is a little blurry today. i realized too late, i shouldn't try this activity while at the check-out counter. the clerk gave me a bewildered look. ahhh....he thinks i'm winking at him? that i have a twitch? that half of my brain doesn't work on thursdays? i open my mouth to explain what's wrong and then shut it. who cares? he sure doesn't. maybe he'll go out tonight and talk about the weird girl that came to work today.
however, this little trick makes some ugly stuff look different...more like a hazy oil painting. who knew wade hampton's abandoned buildings could be artsy? so, would my life be better if i saw absolutely clearly in both eyes? all the ugly? no funny stories told about me? i don't know. it's the out-of-ordinary that is most interesting.
i read in a magazine that polka-dots are IN...everyone who is anyone will be in dots this season. polka-dots hurt my eyes. they remind me of large circus costumes. would i really be more attractive covered in various sized circles? (let me see...close the left eye. yeah, looking good.) maybe it's just a huge distraction: the observer is so overcome by the visual feast they miss all the physical flaws AND stunning personality?
so, half-eye or no?  in the eye of beholder. (cliche. touche.)


going home to get a new pair of contacts and ransack closet for dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment